Chiropractic & osteopathic services
Osteopaths treat the musculo-skeletal system of the body. Treatment includes manual techniques to alleviate stresses and improve the body's function.
The number of services you receive depends on your clinical need and you must be referred by:
- a Local Medical Officer (LMO)
- a General Practitioner (GP)
- a medical specialist
- a treating doctor in hospital
- a hospital discharge planner, after consultation with your LMO
- another chiropractor or osteopath who has previously received a referral
DVA has a fact sheet HSV15 which describes how you can access chiropractic or osteopathic services for the treatment of musculo-skeletal conditions, if your doctor thinks it necessary.