If you are a gold card holder, DVA will pay for your physiotherapy services, upon referral, to meet a clinical need.
If you are a white card holder, DVA will pay for your physiotherapy services, upon referral, to meet a clinical need that is the result of:
- an accepted disability
- malignant cancer, pulmonary tuberculosis, post traumatic stress disorder, anxiety disorder or depression, if DVA has granted treatment benefits for these conditions
- treatment benefits for these conditions will be granted if DVA is provided with a confirmed diagnosis from a suitably quakified medical practitioner
- treatment benefits for these conditions are granted whether or not they have een accepted as causally related to eligible VEA service
You must be referred to a physiotherapist who is registered with DVA. The referral must come from one of the following:
- a Local Medical Officer (LMO)
- a General Practitioner (GP)
- a medical specialist
- a treating doctor in hospital
- a hospital discharge planner
- another physiotherapist who has previously received a referral
The number of services you receive depends on your clinical need.
DVA has a fact sheet HSV19 which describes how you can access physiotherapy services, if your doctor thinks it clinically necessary.