April 24- 2012
RSL nsw Welfare are Major sponsors to two of our companion dog trainees, Ruby and Kari. We thank RSL NSW for their support.
Steve Austin dog trainer has been appointed as head trainer for YD dog squad See his web site www.steveaustindogtrainer.com
April 1 2012
See membership benefits for our latest offer from the "Australian Institute of Management".
We are pleased to announce that Scott Gardiner has been elected to the position of Young Diggers President of The Northern Territory.
We are pleased to welcome our latest sponsor, Steelmans tools and industrial supplies, unit 11/13 McCourt road, Yarrawonga, Darwin. Owner Mick Pearson is a staunch supporter of our troops and invites you all to his shop where he will really look after you.
Young Diggers Veterans Mental Health "Pin up Girl 2012" is about to be announced.
Scott and Susan are back..
email email@example.com for booking appointments for DVA claims or welfare.
28 March 2012
Thanks to our new sponsors RSL - NSW for paying for the services of two of our Companion dogs: Kari and Ruby. These dogs are performing the fantastic task of helping two young diggers ease back into their new home life in Australia
25 October 2011
- Trans-Civ services and employment. Newsletter of 17 October 2011 (Plus job seeking guide). Click here to view Trans-Civ's latest job listings and much more.
Added: Tuesday 4 October 2011
- It is with deep regret that we have posted the profile of a soul who recently died following theTalisman Sabre explosion:
- Sergeant Michael Dunn - RAAF Base Tindal
Added: Monday 19 September 2011
- It is with deep regret that we have posted the profile of a soul who recently died in a car accident in East Timor:
- Craftsman Beau Pridue - 8th Combat Services Support Battalion
- Trans-Civ services and employment. Newsletter of 16 September 2011 (Plus tips on how Qualifications are viewed). Click here to view Trans-Civ's latest job listings and much more.
- Recently staff from our webhosting company Aspedia ran in the Bridge to Brisbane race. They raised $500 for Young Diggers, which will assist with future upgrades to our website. We would like to thank the management and staff of Aspedia for their wonderful effort and donation.
- MTF-1 Meritorious Unit Citation Parade 18 August 2011. Leesa is the Family Liasion Officer for the 6 RAR Association and they asked her put a video together of the parade. 'I was honoured to do one and couldn't think of another way to end the last time MTF-1 will be coming together', Leesa said. She also says; 'I am just a proud Army wife who will stand by and always to support our wonderful members of our defence force.'
- Cockscomb Veterans Bush Retreat - Set in the hills on the southern side of Mt Wheeler. Road access via two-wheel drive and only 30 minutes from Rockhampton.
Added: Thursday 1 September 2011
- Goodna RSL Services Club. Even though the Goodna RSL Services Club suffered badly during the January 2011 floods in Queensland, they continue to financially support Young Diggers with our welfare and advocacy services. We very much appreciate the fact they continue to allow us to help you. They will let us know when they have upcoming events in the future so we can keep you informed, and you can help us by supporting their activities.
NEW Young Diggers office location - Darwin
- Young Diggers now has an office in Darwin, Northern Territory. Location address: Suite 21 The Metro, 21 Cavanagh St, Darwin NT 0801 (in the office of John Bradley, Barrister and Solicitor). Scott and Susan Gardiner will be helping us help you up North. Click here to go to Our Structure for contact information. Australia wide - John, Peter. Darwin office - Scott and Susan.
- Check out our information flyer below which is available to print and distribute. Click here to go to Our Structure to download your copy.
Trans-Civ services and employment. Newsletter of 31 August 2011. Click here to view Trans-Civ's latest job listings and much more.
Added: Thursday 25 August 2011
- It is with deep regret that we have posted profile Private Matthew Lambert of the 2nd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment, who was recently killed in Afghanistan and whom served us proud.
Added: Sunday 14 August 2011
- NEW - Dogs at war. When US President Barack Obama went to Fort Campbell, Kentucky, for a highly publicised, but very private meetng with the commando team that killed Osama bin Laden, only one of the 81 members of the super secret Seal DevGru unit was identified by name: Cairo, the war dog. Click here to read this interesting article on war dogs put out by Pet Industry News.
- UPDATE - Queensland Police Service (QPS). The QPS is trialing a new entry scheme. This scheme is a further relaxation of the normal entry requirements including the ADF entry pathway. Click here to find out more on how you can join the QPS today.
- NEW - Donations can now be made via electronic funds transfer (EFT) direct deposit to our Commonwealth Bank account. If you donate via EFT, please let John know you have made a deposit. If you need a receipt please also let him know. Also make your donation using Pay Pal Click here to make a donation today.
Added: Saturday 23 July 2011
- NEW - Beyond sadness: is it clinical depression or sadness? Although depression is often thought of being an extreme state of sadness, there is a vast difference between clinical depression and sadness. Sadness is a part of being human—a natural reaction to painful circumstances. All of us will experience sadness at some point in our lives. Depression, however, is a physical illness with many more symptoms than an unhappy mood. Click here to find out more.
Added: Friday 22 July 2011
- Leesa's story - Do you support me? Leesa is a wife and daughter of a soldier. She has produced this video to show support and recognition to our wonderful Australian Defence Force.
Added: Saturday 9 July 2011
- It is with deep regret that we have posted profiles of two souls who were recently killed in Afghanistan and whom served us proud.
Added: Friday 3 June 2011
Employment assistance for veterans and ex-serving members. Do you have eligible service under the Veterans' Entitlements Act (VEA)?, which may include peace-keeping deployments and consider you need assistance with employment matters, such as: assistance with job seeking activities, increasing your hours of paid employment, returning to paid employment, being at risk of losing your job, or finding difficulty in maintaining the hours you are working. This scheme is designed to help veterans, with or without a disability, who need assistance to find or keep suitable paid employment. Click here to see if this scheme is what you are looking for.
Added: Thursday 2 June 2011
Young Diggers would like to welcome aboard our new sponsor the Trans-Civ Group. The Trans-Civ Group provide Career Development Practitioners and Recruitment staff to help Defence members and their families around Australia to find and secure their next career.
- NEW - Trans-Civ services & employment. History has proven that effective transition to a new career outside the military is obtained quicker and easier through understanding what employers are looking for and how your background meets their needs. Articulating this in the right context is where the challenge is and where Trans-Civ will help you greatly increase your chances of winning the desired job.
- Thanks from 6RAR - We have received a plaque from the veterans of A Coy, 6th Battalion the Royal Australian Regiment, Mortar Det who served in Afghanistan with 1MTF in 2010, who wanted to show us their appreciation and to provide Young Diggers some recognition and thanks for our support while they were away. It was, is and always will be our pleasure to help. Thank you guys. Click here to view the plaque.
- NEW - Charles' story - Memories in Place. Charles’ story and photographs were inspired by his visit to the Somme battlefields in the winter of 2010. Charles is no stranger to theatres of war; between 1992 and 1997 he worked under the banner of the International Committee of the Red Cross, documenting crisis situations in the conflict zones of Afghanistan, Malawi, Somalia, and Chechnya.
- It is with deep regret that we have posted profiles of three souls who were recently killed in Afghanistan and whom served us proud.